AICH is hiring a new leader for our community. AICH has been serving New York Natives since 1969. We look forward to continuing that service with a proactive, organized, motivated Executive Director who shares our vision to uplift, promote, and protect the American Indian Community in and around NYC. Competitive, livable wage and benefits! Interested applicants send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
American Indian Community House (AICH) was founded in 1969 and aims to improve
and promote the well-being of the American Indian Community in and around NYC. We
aim to ensure the well-being and cultural survival of urban and reservation-based Native
Americans and their families through the provision of health and social services and
increasing the visibility of American Indian cultures in an urban setting in order to
cultivate awareness, understanding, and respect. AICH is committed to finding a leader
who shares a similar vision and is dedicated to carrying out this mission.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
● Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s
operations and programs.
● Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies,
procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
● Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for the board of directors.
● Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate
fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
● Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure
appropriate support of all departments.
● Supervises the development of operations.
● Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and
periodic forecast updates with the board of directors and accountant.
● Approves major program implementations.
● Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career
coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
● Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or
exceed strategic goals and objectives.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for this position. The working
hours for this position can be 9-5, but many of our programs happen over the weekend
or in the evening hours. It will be the job of the executive director to ensure all events
and programming are managed appropriately by staff and volunteers. Time
management skills are a must. As we transition out of a covid style work environment,
we will continue to take precautions which will include the ability to work remotely when
possible. We are a growing organization and this role will require the discretion to hire
new staff as needed as well as managing a deputy director, and two part-time
Executive Director Qualifications / Skills:
● Demonstrated leadership and management skills
● Ability to multi-task
● Takes initiative
● Works independently
● Creative problem-solving skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
● Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Management preferred
● 5 or more years of non-profit management experience in an operational
Download Job Description: Non-Profit Executive Director
Interested applicants send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org