External Job Posting
We at AICH are not responsible for the jobs posted and listed. These are External Links and Jobs that have been sent to us to give to our community, and we forward them to you with all the luck.
Position: Knowledge & Marketing Specialist, Knowledge & Communications
Location: New York, NY
The Knowledge & Marketing Specialist of Knowledge & Communications (K&C) is part of a fast-moving and highly collaborative team that is responsible for overseeing a variety of outreach, communications, data, and research-related projects. He or she is charged with overseeing and implementing projects from conception to dissemination, in areas including: NFF publications; printed communications materials; presentations; websites; e-blasts; and various writing and design projects. This position requires an experienced writer that can clearly articulate complex ideas and has a talent for storytelling that brings ideas to life. The Knowledge & Marketing Specialist will often be the final eye on content, approving and/or independently managing projects in the department’s various program areas. They will serve as an expert on NFF’s knowledge base and brand, across print, web, email, social media and more, acting as a decision-maker and communications innovator for the team and organization as a whole.
As part of a highly collaborative team, the ideal candidate embodies NFF’s values, pitching in whenever they see an opportunity, supporting colleagues wholeheartedly, and demonstrating a natural curiosity that drives them to learn new things and teach others when they have knowledge to share.
This position will report to the Director of Knowledge & Communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project manager, writer and/or editor, and strategic thinker for various editorial projects, including NFF’s marketing collateral, Annual Reports, thought leadership publications, and internal communications as necessary.
- Manage and implement all aspects of print materials, from conception, to design, to printing.
- Manage the department’s external vendors, including printers, designers, and IT consultants.
- Contribute to email campaign deployment, including content, writing, strategy, and design suggestions.
- Project manage ongoing marketing requests, conferring with and providing suggestions/recommendations to the K&C team with an eye to improve efficiency, customer service, productivity, and quality.
- Ensure brand quality and provide relevant staff training.
- Develop strategy, content, and design of presentation materials.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Manage invoices and bills, online accounts, and certain budget-related duties for the K&C department.
- Assist in developing targeted social media campaigns to promote NFF’s strategic goals.
- Assist in press efforts as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in professional communications writing (work samples will be requested).
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience working with consultants and/or vendors in a project management capacity.
- Team mentality, with the ability to work effectively as part of a positive, highly collaborative group that shares tasks and responsibilities and adapts quickly to NFF’s needs.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects, drawing on team as needed.
- Enthusiastic, with an interest and willingness to learn, particularly about nonprofit financial issues.
- Excellent verbal communicator and contributor with an ability to participate openly and creatively in meetings and articulate progress, challenges, and provide recommendations in completing projects.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Basic knowledge of print/graphic design processes.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to processes and content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a professional demeanor and the ability to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
-Bachelor’s degree, academic training in writing, or equivalent work experience.
-Minimum of 2 years of experience managing staff.
-Basic knowledge of html, web development and Adobe Creative Suite.
-Experience with data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Drupal.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter stating how your background and qualifications meet the requirements. Apply directly here.
Please Note: All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package. NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice. When submitting an application, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.