What is Culture Night?
Culture Night is biweekly cultural workshops that provide our community members with opportunities to learn about and restore our American Indian cultural heritage and ultimately to bring peace, harmony, and health to bodies and minds.
Why you should attend the Culture Night program?
The Culture Night program focuses on positive effects of participation in artistic and cultural activities, enhancing the quality of our lives, and contributing to our physical and mental wellbeing.
Artistic practices that incorporate our cultural traditions are especially beneficial for the wellbeing of our community. They will create a cultural foundation that will not only contribute to our health, but also unite our communities ever more strongly and closely. Benefits we aim to achieve by engaging in creative activities rooted in our traditional cultures are:
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Increase a sense of self-efficacy and self-esteem
- Foster a sense of belonging and attachment to the community
- Improve creativity and practical skills
- Enhance the ability to work with others and express ideas
- Strengthen a sense of identity and spirituality as Native peoples
The Culture Night at American Indian Community House is held from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. Please click here to see the program schedule.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Why is Culture Night important to us?